Celebrate the women who give.
To coincide with International Women’s Day on 8 March, we’re celebrating the women who change lives through Lifeblood with limited-edition True Colours bandages by iconic Australian fashion designer Jenny Kee.
Show your support for the women who give, from donors to Lifeblood staff and volunteers —and the thousands of women who need donations every day. Simply donate blood, plasma or platelets between 6 March and 2 April to get your bandage!
A pioneering figure in Australian fashion design, Jenny Kee AO is well known for her vibrant patterns and colourful knits. Her True Colours design features doves, hearts and the Waratah — as she calls it, the ‘ultimate queen of the bush’. Together, they make a powerful visual statement for the empowerment of women.
Jenny was in the 1977 Granville Train disaster and saw how blood donation was an absolute lifeline to so many victims and had a profound impact on the entire community.
“Giving blood is the ultimate act of kindness and it costs nothing but your time. Your generosity might just save a life.” Jenny Kee
Post a pic to @lifebloodau on Instagram to win a signed artwork.
We’re so excited about our Jenny Kee designed bandage that we have a limited-edition signed print of the incredible artwork to give away, plus, a bucket hat in the amazing print too!
To go in the running to win:
- Post a photo to your Instagram account showing off your post-donation artist bandage
- The photo shouldn’t show needles or blood (they can make people a bit squeamish!)
- Tag our official Instagram account @lifebloodau in the image and use the hashtags #truecoloursau #truecolourscomp
- You must be following @lifebloodau to enter
- One winner will be selected and will be sent a limited-edition signed print and bucket hat.
- We’ll notify the winner via private message on Instagram and share your pic to our account
- Competition opens Monday 6 March and closes Sunday 2 April 2023
- T&Cs can be found here