If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions, you’ll need to wait 3 months before you can donate.
In the last 3 months, have you:
- had oral or anal sex with another man, even ‘safer sex’ using a condom (if you’re a man)
- had sex (with or without a condom) with a male who you think may have had oral or anal sex (with or without a condom) with another man?
- been a male or female sex worker (i.e. received payment for sex in money, gifts or drugs?)
- had sex with a male or female sex worker?
- engaged in sexual activity with someone who ever injected drugs not prescribed by a doctor or dentist?
- engaged in sexual activity with someone who was found to have HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C or human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV) infection?
In the last 12 months, have you had sexual activity with a new partner who currently lives or has previously lived overseas? If ‘yes’, you may need to wait to donate depending on the level of HIV risk in your partner’s country of residence.