Dr Surendra Karki
Surendra uses large-scale data to conduct epidemiological research and understand blood donors’ health and wellbeing. He's always sharing his knowledge of clinical and epidemiological study design to help everyone get the best outcomes. He’s currently supervising several higher degree research students.
Before joining the team at Lifeblood, Surendra obtained his PhD in Epidemiology from Monash University. He went on to work as a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.
- UNSW High Quality Research Papers Scheme Incentive (2019)
- 15th National Immunisation Conference, Best Posters Award, Public Health Association of Australia (2016)
- Young Investigator Fellow, Edward Jenner Vaccine Society and Journal: Vaccine (2015-2018)
- Alfred Health's Chairman of the Board Award for Patient Safety and Quality Improvement, Alfred Health, Melbourne, Australia (2013)
- Associate Editor, BMC Public Health (2018-current)
- New Voices in Asian Health, World Health Summit Organization, Germany (2013)
- New Voices in Global Health, World Health Summit Organization (2017) ISBT Working Party Member, Donors and donations (2019-current)
* This research was completed prior to starting with Lifeblood