Dr Rebecca Griffiths
Senior Research Fellow
Becky’s research focus at Lifeblood is understanding red cell biology to make new and improved red cell reagents and therapeutics for patients with difficulty accessing compatible blood.
Becky has a PhD in Biochemistry from Bristol University, and was previously part of the NIHR Blood and Transplant research team in the UK. There, she helped develop the first human clinical trial of cultured red blood cells for transfusion.
- Wellcome Trust Pathfinder Award, co-applicant, 2016
- Race and Sanger Award, British Blood Transfusion Society, 2012
- Young Scientist Award, British Blood Transfusion Society, 2002
- Peer reviewer for Blood Journal
* This research was completed prior to starting with Lifeblood